Ms. Andrea’s Summer camp
- June 21 – July 8
- Dates: 6/21, 6/24, 6/28, 7/1, 7/5, & 7/8,
- Mon & Thur, 1 PM PT – 3 PM PT
(=4 PM ET – 6 PM ET)
- Class length: 120 min
- Twice a week, 3 weeks (Total six 120-min sessions)
- Grades 8 – 12 in fall 2021
- What does it look like to study creative writing? How do I ask for and receive feedback on my work? What terminology should I know and understand in order to further talk about my work?
This is a writing-intensive course and will include at least one reading for each class in addition to the writing load.
Note that this is very rough, but it gives a general outline of what I’d like to cover.
- Pre-work: two writing exercises + read a couple of stories relevant for craft lesson
- Day 1: Craft elements + 1 in-class exercise and 1 homework exercise + workshop days sign up
- Day 2: How to respond to work + what revision looks like + revision homework and commenting on a practice story
- Day 3: The practice workshop utilizing prework + story turn-in for workshoppers
- Day 4: Writing exercises + Workshops
- Day 5: Writing exercises + Workshops
- Day 6: Reflection, alternative models, etc.
Some Rationale from Ms. Andrea:
The age-range here is big, but I think it always is amongst writers (except maybe during K-12, when students are grouped based on age). All perspectives are useful in writing, and we will talk about how every person is an authority.